TERMS and CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions MUST be agreed to for any booking to proceed.
- Check in will commence from 2pm on the day of arrival. Keys can be collected from us after 2.00pm or by close of business (this is mostly 5pm). Please contact us for alternative arrangements if required. An after hours call out fee may apply.
- Check out is 10am on the day of departure. Keys must be returned immediately upon vacating the property. A late check out fee of 50% of the nightly rate applies.
The maximum number of occupants is not to exceed the agreed number of people when booking the property. Overloading will render the tenant liable to termination of the booking with NO refund. In addition to this, The Torquay Holiday House will levy $100 per person per night for people residing at the property over the mutually agreed number when booking.
- Should any form of party be held at the property or a gathering or party of more than the accepted number of guests be held at the rented property the tenant agrees that they are liable for an additional project management fee charged for time required by The Torquay Holiday House to rectify issues caused by the tenant, group or third parties of $200 per hour. Additional costs will be added if/when tenant is taken to VCAT to retrieve charges. Damage to the rented property will also be added to this amount. An invoice and log of time will be supplied including date & time of works actioned.
- Tenants agree to allow a Torquay Holiday House staff member or his/her nominee to enter the rented premises to carry out any necessary repairs should the need arise.
- NO SMOKING at any time is permitted inside The Torquay Holiday House. A $250 reinstatement fee will be applied if tenants have been found to smoke inside the house.
- Lost keys must be reported to us & paid for immediately. Lost keys are levied at a cost of $60.00 per key for key replacement.
- Any damage not reported or found upon exit inspection for the rental will be charged to the tenant.
- Additional charges will be passed on for laundering mattress’s, protectors or pillows if this is required.
- THIS IS A PET FREE PROPERTY. Strictly no pets under any circumstances are permitted on or in the property for any reason. Pets found to have been at the property will render the tenant liable for a $250 charge for a contractor to commercially clean the property. Damage caused by an animal to property or yard will also attract charges to repair/replace.
- Premises must be left clean and tidy otherwise an additional cleaning fee will be charged. All rubbish must be removed and placed in appropriate council rubbish bins supplied. BBQ is to be left clean otherwise an additional charge of $100 will be charged.
- Furniture or household effects are not to be removed from the premises and all must be left in the same position at all times.
- Occupation of premises which The Torquay Holiday House staff has reason to believe is causing a nuisance to neighbours or place the property owner in a situation of loss will be terminated immediately with NO refund given. Any malicious damage or behaviour will be reported to police immediately. The fees in “clause’s 3&4” will be applied for this serious breach.
- No responsibility is taken for tenant’s personal property left on the premises. A $50 Search Fee will be applied if The Torquay Holiday House staff are asked to locate items left behind.
- Bookings are only confirmed upon full payment. Deposit & final payment must be received by the due dates. Cancellation conditions apply. See Cancellation Policy for further details.
- Utilities accounts for short term leases to be paid in full on or prior to check out.
- All bookings are for the dates shown on the receipt only. We reserve the right to cancel any booking should the need arise. The booking is made in good faith, but may be subject to change.
- Any cash bond held by The Torquay Holiday House for rental will be deducted/refunded within 14 days by way of cheque to the person who initially booked the property and to their nominated postal address.
- Any collection of fees / surcharges imposed in the points above will be removed from bond and balance then invoiced to the tenant. Non payment of any of these charges by the tenant will result in the issue being be taken to VCAT and additional costs for attendance/lodgement/time will be claimed.
- Before you book, please ensure that you made all necessary enquiries and are certain of the booking made.
- If for any reason a booking is cancelled the deposit as well as any further payments are forfeited.
- No changes or alterations are allowed once a property is booked.